According to ayurveda, How useful are Kitchen Remedies?
- Is it possible for you to consult your physicians all the time. At times you can be one yourself!
- When the need arises, you can whip up a supplement using resources from your kitchen.
- This'll provide a temporary & much needed relief to your folks at home!
Kitchen remedies: For little reasons. For every seasons
Therapies can involve activities like:
- Acne :- Grated cucumber applied over the face ,eyes and neck for fifteen minutes are very much beneficial for acne and blackheads.
- Asthma :- Take a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice mixed with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey to taste. This mixture acts as a excellent expectorant in the treatment of asthma.
- Backache :- Garlic is the most important home remedy for backache. Two or three cloves should be taken every morning. An oil prepared form garlic and rubbed on the back will give a good result in backache.
- Bad Breath :- Wash your mouth with lime juice mixed with water. This will prevent bad breath.
- Bleeding external :- Apply ice cube or sandalwood paste.
- Bleeding internal :- Drink a glass of warm milk with a 1/2 teaspoon of saffron & turmeric powder.
- Boils :- Betel leaves are a valuable remedy for boils. A leaf is gently warmed till it becomes soft. It is then coated with a layer of castor oil.
- Burns :- Add coconut oil to the paste of fresh gel of aloe vera blended with a pinch of turmeric Powder and apply.
- Cold :- Boil teaspoonful of ginger powder or eucalyptus leaves in one quart of water & inhale the steam. Congested nose? Apply eucalyptus oil to the sides of your nose! Or inhale a pinch of calamus root powder in each nostril !
- Constipation :- Don't forget to take in a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of clarified butter at bedtime. Or Drink a glass of boiled water with one teaspoon of flax seed.
- Cough :- Add a pinch of salt with two pinches of turmeric powder to one glass of warm water and gurgle. Or chew a clove with a piece of rock candy. Take basil decoction or basil juice with honey. If your cough has been troubling you for long, try this : Take a half teaspoonful of ginger powder, a pinch of clove with a pinch of cinnamon powder and honey in a cup of boiled water and drink it as tea.
- Ear ache :- Use 3 drops of garlic oil in your affected ear. Make a mixture of a teaspoon full of onion juice with a half teaspoon of honey. And use 5 to 10 drops into affected ear.
- Ears (ringing) :- Use 3 drops of clove oil in your effected ear.
- Exhaustion (heat) :- Consume a glass of coconut water or grape juice. Or Churn out a juice of three dates with eight ounces of water and drink.
- Eyes burning :- Apply castor oil to the soles of the feet. Or put 3 drops of pure rose water into the affected eye. Apply aloe Vera gel.
- Gas :- Consume a cup of water with a pinch of baking soda & lemon juice
- Gums (bleeding) :- Massage the gums lightly with coconut oil. Squeeze a half lemon into a cup of water and drink.
- Headache :- Dilute a paste of ginger powder (half teaspoon) with water & apply to the Forehead. A burning sensation may persist. But it's not harmful. Temporal headaches: It's related to Kapha. Hence apply ginger paste to the forehead and Sinuses. Occipital headaches: It is because of the aggravated Pitta in the stomach. Make tea with cumin & coriander seeds in a cup of hot water & consume it. Also apply a sandalwood paste to the temples Sinus headaches: Indicate toxins in the colon. Take one teaspoon of flax seed at bedtime With a glass of warm milk. At the same time, apply ginger paste behind the ears.
- Hemorrhoids :- Down a cup of aloe vera juice thrice a day. Take two parts honey with one part castor oil.
- Insomnia :- Card is very useful in insomnia. The patient should take plenty of curd and massage in on the head. This will induce sleep. Honey is a very useful in Insomnia. It should be taken with water ,before going to bed ,in doses of two teaspoons in a large cup of water.
- Menstrual cramps :- Have a tablespoon of aloe vera gel with two pinches of black pepper thrice a day.
- Muscle Strain (upper part of the body) :- Apply warm ginger paste with turmeric to the affected area twice a day. Try to avoid it. As it disturbs the nervous system, specially the intelligence.
- Overeating :- Consume a cup of warm water squeezed with a half lemon juice & a pinch of baking soda. Or roast fennel & coriander seeds (one teaspoon each) with pinch of salt.
- Pain (external) :- Blend 2 teaspoon of ginger powder with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with enough water. Warm the paste and spread it evenly on a piece of cotton cloth. Then the gel is ready for a ginger compress.
- Rash :- Apply the pulp of cilantro leaf to the affected area. Or drink coriander tea.
- Lack of Sleep :- Gently massage the soles of the feet with sesame oil. Rub oil into the scalp. Introduces 5 to 10 drops oil into each ear. Drink a cup of piping hot cow milk with rock candy or honey.
- Excess Sleep :- Take black coffee, gotu kola or calamus root tea at bed time. Go for an early dinner and eat less.
- Swelling :- Drink barley water or coriander tea For external. Swelling : Apply two parts of turmeric powder with one part salt to the affected area.
- Toothache :- Apply 3 drops of clove oil to the affected teeth.